The Air Force’s former top enlisted leader reflects on the value of lifelong learning, writing your own playbook, and preparing the next generation to serve. I often say that you’re never too young to lead and you’re never too old to learn. If you met folks who knew me way back when, they’d say, “No way. There is no way she’s the chief master of the Air Force.” When I was younger, learning how to lead required reps and sets so that I could continue becoming the leader that our Air Force was going to need. That’s the goodness of leadership. As a young leader, I thought I had to have all the right answers. But the reality is that as you grow and become a more mature leader, you realize that you don’t have to have all the answers. You create the atmosphere so that the folks around you can thrive.