Thursday, September 12, 2024

AI Is Already Advancing Higher Education - Ray Schroeder, Inside Higher Ed

Generative AI (GenAI) has enormous potential to advance, enhance and expand higher education in the future. Few realize how AI already is improving what we do today in myriad ways. Let me begin by noting that I have used GenAI tools to assist in ideation and the search for the best examples in writing this edition of “Online: Trending Now.” As always, I strive to embed sources in all cases where readers may want to dig deeper into my assertions. GenAI has assisted me in identifying such resources. In nearly all aspects of the operation of colleges and universities GenAI is playing an increasing role. From student learning to faculty efficiency to administrative insights, we see that role has become part of the standard operating practices. We are using the tools to advance our work in the most enlightened and efficient way. Here are some examples.