Saturday, February 20, 2016

What I Learned Teaching a Course on Artificial Intelligence (and You Can, Too) - David Schatsky, Huffington Post

I recently finished teaching a free, eight-week online course on artificial intelligence and cognitive technologies. Over 7,000 students registered for the course. Many of them were active participants in rich discussions throughout the eight weeks. I'd like to tell you what I learned from my students during the course, and invite you to register for the next run of the course, which starts on March 14. Students were fascinated with the ways in which perceptual technologies like speech recognition and computer vision make possible natural interfaces between humans and computers. And they actively debated the implications of cognitive technologies for businesses, workers, and society. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-schatsky/what-i-learned-teaching-a_b_9212496.html