Saturday, May 28, 2016

Teen to graduate high school with bachelor's degree, no college debt - Bob Johnson, MLive

When Rachel Klammer finishes the last course she is currently enrolled in at Saginaw Valley State University, she will graduate with a bachelor's degree in literature. Just a few weeks earlier, the 19-year-old Frankenmuth teen received her high school diploma. She follows in the footsteps of her sister, Sarah, who a year ago accomplished the same feat of graduating high school while earning a 4-year college degree. "It feels great that I'm done with undergrad," Rachel Klammer said. "It's kind of like I've just added four years to my life because all of my other friends are just starting college and I'm already starting my masters." How did she and her sister do it? Rachel Klammer, who describes herself as "sort of a nerd," began taking college classes at age 14 after enrolling in a program called the Paris Academy of Co-Secondary Education, or PACE. PACE is a dual enrollment program that allows students of any age to attend college or career-technical/CTE classes. http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2016/05/teen_graduating_high_school_wi.html